The idea behind the SafeStation
A couple of years ago, when analyzing how information such as SDS/MSDSs or other documents were maintained, we realized there was a piece of the puzzle missing. That’s when we started to ask ourselves: how do we get the information in the hands of the workers directly in their working environment as quickly and easily as possible?
Our answer: The SafeStation.
The SafeStation was designed from the ground up with one thing in mind: the worker.
- User-friendly - We had to make the system so easy that even someone who had never touched a computer before would be able to use it with ease.
- Tough - We had to make it robust enough that it could be installed in just about every environment.
- Just the right size - We had to make it just the right size: large enough so that it could be easy to manipulate and get information, but small enough so that it would take up very little room
- Powerful - We had to make it powerful enough so that it could go beyond the SDS/MSDS, and provide access to documents, training, notices, videos, print labels, communicate with emergency services, and so much more
- Approved - We had to give it all the features needed so that government agencies would accept it as a true replacement for the binder in just about every situation
Along with the SafeStation, we had to provide administrators with effective and easy to use tools to help them on a day to day basis. So we designed our online interface to be powerful yet very user-friendly and gave it unique features that can truly help managers communicate information to their workers extremely efficiently.
Along the way, we realized that we were just scratching the surface of the potential of the SafeStation, and that we could transmit much more than SDS/MSDS:
- Going beyond the SDS/MSDS - We added the documents section, in which companies have the possibility of adding just about any time of information they wish to transmit to their employees.
- Built-in communication - We incorporated a microphone and speaker, and added a communication center, to allow employees to communicate with emergency contacts and services.
- Labels - We added the possibility of printing labels directly from the unit
- And even more - We created a powerful Learning Management System to help supervisors take the upper hand on their employee’s training curriculum, and our Strategic Notice Tracking tool, which helps you ensure employees have seen communications put out by the company.
- Emergency services - We created tools to help our brave first responders to allow them a safer and faster intervention in case of an emergency.